Thursday, July 15, 2010

Uncorrected Proofs


First off, I've got corrections. No more had 24 hours passed from my last post than there was a call from my mother reminding me, ever so delicately, that they had in fact taken me to at least a two 4th of July parades and one fireworks viewing. My bad mom, you guys did let me indulge in cheesy Americana pastimes. But let's face it, parades in Rhode Island and fireworks is New Jersey don't hold a candle to bottles of wine on the back porch.


Today was a big first for me, you guys. I gathered all my courage figured out how to turn my camera bag  and tripod into a traveling bike-friendly bag, and pedaled toward a cute park I've been meaning to check out. After getting over the initial awkwardness, shooting was actually not that bad. I'm glad I invested $22.00 in buying a remote control. It's so easy to use, and makes you look a lot less crazy when you're not running back and forth from the camera every 30 seconds.


As I was wrapping up, a group of four kids came up and asked what I was doing. I wasn't about to go into trying to explain the subtleties of a fashion blog, so I told them that I was taking pictures for fun and asked if they wanted any pictures of themselves. I don't know why, because I clearly had no way to give them the pictures. But they were super excited and jumped at the chance. They all wanted to learn how to use the DSLR, which filled my head with thoughts of sticky fingers on the lens and a tumbling tripod, but once on the auto setting, they caught the hang of it pretty quickly and we all had a blast getting the absolute cutest shots.


Dress: Go Jane
Belt: Divided via H&M
Shoes- thrifted (Philly AIDS Thrift- Philadelphia, PA)
Sunglasses- flea market

5 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous dress! Green is a lovely colour on you.

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photos... Those kiddos are awesome! What kinda bike do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog from Selective Potential's feature "Guy Behind the Camera". Love your blog and I am now your newest follower! Follow me?
    xo Lynzy
    http://fromskirtstoskillets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, this dress is beautiful! I'm getting a DSLR for my birthday (next week) and I'll definitely be investing in a remote. The pictures with those kids really made me laugh. You're so good, I would have been incredibly awkward and ran away or something. Hahaha, but it looks like so much fun!!!

    I found you on the "Guy Behind the Camera" feature on Selective Potential. Adorable blog, I'm a new follower!!

    ReplyDelete