Sunday, June 20, 2010

Elephant, Elephant


Imagine this, if you will: Faux-conjoined twins covering Joy Division's "Love Will Tear Us Apart" on a shared ukulele. Ok, now you have an idea what my Friday night was like.


For those who aren't in the know, Evelyn Evelyn is the twisted brain child of Amanda Palmer (of Dresden Dolls fame) and Jason Webley, the premise being two Siamese twins, joined at the side sharing two arms, three legs, and the same name who play wacky songs about pet elephants and prospective boys only wanting to date one of the Evelyns for her sister. They rolled through Philadelphia last night, giving way to one of the weirder shows I've ever seen and a definite contender for best musical performance of 2010 (the other being  the Appleseed Cast playing Lower Level Owl Volumes I & II in their entirety). If you haven't heard Evelyn Evelyn yet, do yourself a favor and check them out.




Ack. It's these wedges again. And these shorts. And damn it all to hell if you haven't seen these sunglasses twenty million times since I got them in May. I call this my outfit of favorites. Favorite thrifted shirt (which was even featured on Mod Cloth!), favorite thrifted shorts, favorite new shoes, favorite shades, even my favorite way to wear my hair (weather permitting). I'd think it was actually a pretty unoriginal way to plan an outfit if it didn't look so darn cute. Sometimes you choose between a quick choice and a chic choice. Sometimes you get both.


I know this post is all over the place with clothes and conjoined twins and whatever ramblings are falling out of my head, but have I introduce you readers to one of our foster kittens? This is Merckx, the poor little guy who I mentioned is in quarantine due to ringworm. He was being so adorable during our picture session that I had to snap some photos. How could something this cute be so filthy?


Shirt: thrifted Aeropostale (Village Thrift- Pennsauken, NJ)
Shorts: thrifted (Closet Exchange- Abington, PA)
Shoes- Forever 21
Sunglasses- Urban Outfitters

3 comments: