Monday, April 12, 2010

Living On the Vedge

You guys....I think I'm turning into one of them. You know the type. They wake up before 9:00 without the help of an alarm clock (and like it!). They get excited to go to the gym. They don't eat meat and would rather cook at home than order take out. They don't even feel like drinking all that much. Ugh, I know.
 
I joined a gym back in February. That's was the start of this giant snowball. I actually began to enjoy running and lifting weights. I genuinely lamented the days that I didn't have time to go to the gym. Then about a month ago, I made the decision to go vegetarian. I love me some meat, but morally and health-wise, I thought it best to see what it was like on the other side of the menu. I worried that my limited diet of preferred vegetables might result in non-stop french fry consumption, but-gasp-it had the opposite effect! I actually began to crave more fruits and veggies! I even started getting in my requisite calcium intake as a result of the protein shakes  I make near-daily. Somewhere along the line (probably around the time my water consumption vastly increased), I stopped drinking as much and lately beer just gives me a headache. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy a nice gin gimlet! Overall however, I'm feeling much healthier and my body is starting to react. I've lost about ten pounds since January, and best of all, I've done it in a proper fashion. Who would've thought daily exercise and a balanced diet was so easy?


Today's outfit is 100% thrifted, which I didn't realize until just now! I bought the top this weekend and immediately thought of pairing it with this silk paint-drop number. The skirt is one of my favorites, but it's hard to come up with new outfit ideas because of the busy print. It looks too busy if matched with a patterned top, so that leaves me the option of black tank top vs. white tank top. I think this frilly button up is a nice alternative. My only gripe is that, as is likely to happen with thrifted finds, it is missing a crucial button. C'est la vie, you can't win 'em all.


Top: Aeropostale (thrifted via Village Thrift- Pennsauken, NJ)
Skirt: Forever 21 (thrifted via Buffalo Exchange- Austin, TX)
Shoes: Kenneth Cole (thrifted via Buffalo Exchange- Philadelphia, PA)
Sunglasses: Forever 21

2 comments:

  1. what a cute outfit! i have a (pencil) skirt in those exact colors from forever 21, but I think i like yours better...

    xo

    justyna

    ReplyDelete
  2. That top and skirt are made for each other! You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete