Monday, March 8, 2010

I Am the Only One...

...who thinks I'm going crazy and I don't know what to do.

Man, sometimes you just have to sit back and let Manchester Orchestra narrate your life. Today is one of those days where I don't feel like blogging, but I know it'll get my mind off the fact that I've got an awful cold and am in the midst of fighting with my boyfriend over things that were completely my fault. But hey, at least the weather reached into the mid 50's today.


So everyone knows the Forever 21 cross double-fingered ring by now, right? I never even wear jewelry, much less rings, but I've been sweating this damn piece of metal for months now. I searched the three(!!!) locations to no avail. I had pretty much written the whole thing off (since I hate ordering online because half the packages I order get stolen from our stoop), when my friend Janna happened to be wearing THE RING on Friday night. I complimented her and mentioned that I hadn't been able to find it anywhere, and she-get this-gives it to me! I kept trying to give it back, but at this point, Janna was so trashed that she wouldn't accept it, and now I've got a cool new accessory.

I'm also loving the fact that riding boots are chic at the moment. I bought these paddock boots a year and a half ago, when I started leasing a horse in California. Now that I'm working at a barn in the Philly suburbs, I dug them out of the closet, only to realize that they also go damn well with jeans and even a couple dresses. Given that I spent about $100 (way more than anything else in my wardrobe cost), I'm elated that I now have two uses for these boots. Plus, they're damn comfortable and I know that a relatively small amount of people will have Ariat brand paddock boots in the city.

Top: Heritage 1981
Jeans: Forever 21
Boots: Ariat
Ring: Forever 21
Sunglasses: Forever 21

1 comment:

  1. I have the cross ring in silver and I LOVE it. Maybe the best four bucks I ever spent. People comment on it constantly. I don't think I've ever had a piece of jewelry that attracted so much attention from complete strangers.

    ReplyDelete