Monday, March 29, 2010

Five Green Queens and Jean

Aside from the actual pains of painting,it makes it IMPOSSIBLE to try and get any decent photos, since any bare walls are lined with newspaper and painters tape. Thus, I have only one useable picture of what I wore to a family passover sedar tonight. And even this looks super grainy and awful. My apologies- I'm still figuring out the settings on this bloody camera.


Tonight's outfit is the result of having a small, incohesive  bundle of clothes stored at the new apartment and trying to make some semblance of an outfit in the five minutes I had to stop at my old house, between painting and picking Ray after work. I knew I wanted to wear this skirt I picked up at the SXSW American Apparel factory flea market. After trying on a few ill-fitting shirts, I decided to play it safe and grab a basic tanktop. The rest was merely picking what I had at my disposal; this is the only belt I could locate, other than my studded belt, which would not pass with my grandparents. And while we're on the subject of finding clothes, where the held did all my tights go? No seriously- if you've got them, please give them back. These were the only pair I could find. I'm glad they were able to work with the outfit, but they're absolutely awful- they've got multiple runs (despite only wearing them one time), they constantly slip down so it bunches at my ankles, and if I don't line up the plaid perfectly straight, it makes my legs look all wonky.

I think it's fair to compare this outfit to my view on family dinners like tonight's- I like it, it was fun, but it's far too much of a hassle and I'm glad to be done with it.

Oh crap, I have another sedar tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment